Project name:Urgent actions for the recovery of European Bison populations in Romania
Acronym: LIFE RE-Bison
Reference code:LIFE14 NAT/NL/000987
Duration: 5 years.Start date 01.01.2016.End date 30.03.2021
Total budget: 1,816,991 eurosEU contribution: 1,362,735 euros
This Project is co-funded by the LIFE Programme of the European Union.
Rewilding Europe, founded in 2011, is an initiative that seeks to inspire a broad popular movement to shape a new, wilder version of Europe. Rewilding Europe is about making Europe a wilder place, with much more space for wildlife, wilderness and natural processes, bringing back the variety of life for us all to enjoy and exploring new ways for people to earn a fair living from the wild.
WWF is a world leading independent conservation body and our mission is to to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature. Founded in 1961, we work in more than 100 countries, 5 continents and have more than 5 mil supporters worldwide.
– Poland: European Bison Conservation Center, European Bison Friend Society, The Faculty of Animal Science of Warsaw University of Life Sciences
– Germany: Wisentgehege Springe, Donaumoos, Karlsruhe, Edertal-Hemfurth, Neumünster Tierpark, Cuxhavener Kuster, Berlin Zoo Berlin Tierpark, Damerower Werder, Bussolengo, Farchau, Bad Berleburg, Tierpark Hirschfeld, Wisentgehege Hardehausen
– Italy: Parco Natura Viva
– Romania: Vama Buzăului, Bison Reserve Slivut, Hunedoara Zoo, Vânători Neamț, Conservation Carpathia, USAMV Cluj-Napoca și USAMV Timișoara
– Sweeden: Avesta Visentpark, Kolmarden
– Belgium: Bellewaerde, Han-sur-Lesse
– France: Thoiry, Pescheray
– Swizerland: Tierpark Bern
– Hungary: University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, Hunland transport company, EDM company(form HWC)